Nominate, Register, Book Now IITC COUNTDOWN: 3 MONTHS
DJ Shub Announced as Headliner for 2023 Indigenous Tourism Awards and Awards Nominations Now Open
DJ Shub, the Godfather of PowWowStep, will be the headliner at the International Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada’s (ITAC) annual Indigenous Tourism Awards on Thursday, March 9, 2023.
The annual awards are part of the 2023 International Indigenous Tourism Conference (IITC)) being hosted in Treaty 1 Territory and the Homeland of the Métis in Winnipeg, Manitoba, from March 8 – March 10, 2023.
A highlight event for the conference, the awards gala will recognize both Indigenous tourism operators and experience providers from across Canada and exceptional Indigenous experiences within the host province.
ITAC National Awards include:
- Exceptional Business Innovation Award
- Extraordinary Female Entrepreneur Award
- Leading the Way in Sustainability Award
- Exceptional Industry Leader and Original Original Star Award
- Provincial or Territorial Association of the Year
Manitoba Awards include:
- New Operator or Business that Launched a New Experience
- Exceptional Cultural Experience Award
- Outstanding Staff Experience Award
- Leading the Way in Business Development (Community-based)
Nominations are now open and will close on Friday, January 20, 2023! Nominees must be majority Indigenous-owned/controlled and provide tourism experiences or tourism-related services.
Early Bird Pricing Ends in One Week!
Last call to save on registration for the IITC by registering on or before Friday, December 15! After that date, registration will increase to $1,099.
This year the conference and its hosts invite you on an “Adventure to Understanding,” as you experience the rich and varied tapestry of Indigenous tourism. Adventure to Understanding represents the bringing together of Indigenous cultures – First Nations, Inuit and Métis in Manitoba – and their unique stories.
Join the IITC for three days of cultural tours, keynote speakers, panel discussions and breakout sessions to grow your organization’s business — whether you are in development or exploring markets for export, this is the conference for you.
Where to Stay in Winnipeg
Accommodations are available for booking and some of the IITC preferred hotels include:
- Fairmont Winnipeg – Winnipeg’s premier hotel
- Inn at the Forks – at one of Canada’s top tourist destinations
- Alt Hotel – in the new Sports, Hospitality and Entertainment District
- Holiday Inn Downtown – next to the RBC Convention Centre
To see the complete list and to book your accommodations click here.